Monday, April 17, 2017

Cool Treats Suite take 1

It's been a very long time since I blogged and a lot has happened in that time. I broke my shoulder in May 2015 and have finally had a second surgery in March 2017 which has meant l now have nearly full moment in my left arm and also a lot less pain. It also means that I can actually spend some time in the craftroom.

I have just returned from Auckland having attended On Stage. This is an event run in April and November by Stampin Up and is for demonstrators only. It's a great opportunity to catch up with and make new friends who all share a common passion. It is also an opportunity to learn new things, see new product and you come away very inspired. If you've ever thought about being a demo send me an email and I can provide you with all the information required to sign up. I joined in April 2007 and celebrate 10 years in October .....yay!

On Friday I was able to hang out in the craftroom and play with the Cool Treats Suite which sadly I purchased some time ago but had yet to see any ink. A good friend challenged me to use the patterned paper and do a scrapbook page. Now I'm definitely not a scrapbooker (would love to be, but sadly I just never seem to have the time to get it done) but with a 4 day weekend it was an ideal opportunity to have a go.




It might not be the best scrapbook page in the world but its mine and I am happy with how it turned out. It's also a visual reminder of the memories of the day when I took my grandson out to McDonalds for an icecream and the fun we had.

I was looking at my phone when he touched a couple of buttons and all of a sudden we had a selfie! I'm not known for having my picture taken hey he pushed the buttons and you can't say no to a grandie right? It's hard to tell in the photo but the icecream swirls have sparkly wink of Stella on them. The words are cut using the washi tape over cardstock and the celebrate word is done using the new debossed embossing folder.

I also decided to make a couple of the little treat gift bags using the Little Treats die. Super easy and fun to make. These are made using the packing paper that comes in my BBB (Big brown boxes) from Stampin Up. Its perfect for the little bags which when made fit a Cookie Time cookie in them.





 
 
Till next time
Tee-Jay
 

I
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colourful Seasons

The weather this weekend has been absolutely miserable and I  didn't feel guilty  for once popping into the craftroom to create. With th...