Sunday, May 21, 2017

Colourful Seasons

The weather this weekend has been absolutely miserable and I  didn't feel guilty  for once popping into the craftroom to create. With the heater on the room was nice and cosy and the first stamp I thought  of was Colorful Seasons as it  is full of images that suit any season in the year.

I used shimmery white cardstock to water wash three colours - Lemon Lime Twist, Powder Pink and Pool Party across the card topper. I did 3 layers of water colouring over each section to achieve the look I  wanted.

I splattered water over parts of the dry card (very hard to see in the photos and patted it gently with a paper towel to remove the excess water). Now I'm not the most patient person and I quickly stamped my greeting on the right hand side of the card and shock horror!! My card wasn't dry and the greeting had "bled" everywhere!

Not wanting to go back to square one I took out one of the stitched framelits and quickly covered my mistake and popped a die cut chair on the stitched circle. Disaster averted!!

Next I cut a branch and a few flowers and then applied them to my card. A few bling later, a greeting stamped correctly this time and a cup with a bit of wink of stella on it and my card was finished. Have to say I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Till next time happy crafting
Tee-Jay


No comments:

Post a Comment

Colourful Seasons

The weather this weekend has been absolutely miserable and I  didn't feel guilty  for once popping into the craftroom to create. With th...