Friday, March 20, 2015

Watercolouring on Moon Lake

Today I finally managed to get some ink on the Moon Lake set that has been sitting waiting patiently for some time.

Rather than use the pool of ink in the lid of the stamp pad I have found it easier to use the cheap palettes that you can put a drop of reinker in. You can use the same drop of ink to make about 3 shades of colour and whilst it is not overly clear in the photos it is very easy to see on the cards in real life that I have several different shades of some of the colours. Its also a lot more time efficient timewise as one drop of reinker and the water from the aquapainter go a long way.

I love watercoloring but do get a bit impatient that the pool of colour runs out long before I am finishing colouring and when I do it again I end up with a slightly different shade than what I had previously coloured. The way I do it I have a lot more control over the colour and also the quantity available and the desk is less cluttered as I don't have 6 stamp pads taking up room and clean up is a breeze with a baby wipe.

Heres what I created....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Colourful Seasons

The weather this weekend has been absolutely miserable and I  didn't feel guilty  for once popping into the craftroom to create. With th...