Saturday, May 12, 2012

Wedding invites version 1

With only 8 months yesterday till the Mike and Toni's wedding it was time to start designing some invites. Its quite some time since Toni came into the craft room and she had no idea on what was there (Apparently my collection has grown. Now I have no idea how on earth that happened. The aliens must have landed and left me all these wonderful things to entertain myself with ;-)

Luckily Toni had an idea of colours that she wanted so crumb cake, black and very vanilla it was. That was the easy bit. With notepad in hand a list was made of what was required to be made - menu, invites, cake box, table numbers. Now remember this is version 1, this is NOT the final items. We have a new catalogue in September and minis before the wedding so I am sure that they will be changed between now and then.


First up was the invite, I made 2 different versions. One was 4" by 4" the other A5 size. The heart stamp was in the last mini and I thought it was gorgeous so of course it had to be added to the stamp collection. :-)


Cake boxes were next. For these we used the Box 2 die and the flowers from Vintage Vogue and added the 2 tags and a pearl. Super quick and really effective.

For the table numbers, it was one of the tags from the 2 tags die set, the vintage wheel, a small stamp to put over the 1" circle, a number from the alphabets die and a pearl. I think in looking at this today the black number needs to go and be done in crumb cake and heavily sponged so it stands out.

So I guess the idea of starting to play around with ideas is that by Xmas I will have the perfect invite for the perfect wedding.

Till next time
Happy crafting
Tee-Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colourful Seasons

The weather this weekend has been absolutely miserable and I  didn't feel guilty  for once popping into the craftroom to create. With th...