Saturday, March 7, 2015

Using the Colour Coach

The Color Coach is a tool that gives you assistance in combining colours. It has 2 options of colours that work well together for every colour in the Stampin Up Colour families and includes if the colour you have chosen has another colour that with it creates a dynamic duo (perfect for two step stamping). Blackberry bliss 's duo colour is perfect plum

Heres what it recommends for Blackberry Bliss

The first colour combo is blackberry bliss, old olive and soft sky.
Screen card using this combo - I stamped off the blackberry bliss butterflies as they were just too deep in colour and didn't look right. I also chose to stamp off the old olive but didn't stamp off with the soft sky. A few tiny pearls on each of the larger butterflies was all that was needed to finish it

The next recommended combo was smokey slate, blackberry bliss and melon mambo. Now I definitely don't like this combo at all but I did manage to do a card with it. Why I didn't like it is I am not a melon mambo fan at all
Next I decided to take the smokey slate and the dynamic duo colour of perfect plum only and I have to say I like this card the most. I only realised when I had fi ished that I didn't include any blackberry bliss at all!
A few bits of bling and it was finished.
I find the colour coach a way to try something out of my comfort zone and see where it leads me. I certainly would have not have used smokey slate on the last card if it hadn't been for my faithful colour coach!

Till next time happy crafting
Tee-Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colourful Seasons

The weather this weekend has been absolutely miserable and I  didn't feel guilty  for once popping into the craftroom to create. With th...