Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A gift for a very special teacher

Today was Savannah's last day at Intermediate and we wanted to make something for her amazing teacher Miss Dent. Our pansies had not grown enough to even look like bursting into flower so the terracotta pot was not able to be used in the bike.
Instead Iof the pot I used the candy wrapper die to make an octagonal box which of course we filled with chocolate and fitted absolutely perfectly in the bike. Ithen added a cracker made with the same die and a little favour made with one of the two tags die set with a couple of ferrero rocher chocolates
.
I added some cellophane and a double looped bow using the bow maker hubby made for me and I have to say I am pretty pelased with the end result. I hear Miss Dent was too.



All the other staff (there were about 25 in total) got a cracker complete with poinsettia and the fererro rocher chocolates.

I still have a heap of things to make and I hear Xmas is next week (shock horror). I must say I will be pleased to use a different colour after Xmas as I feel like I have only been using cherry cobbler for months (well I did do all my Xmas cards at Labour weekend) so I'm not really stretching the truth too much.

I will try and get another post in before Xmas but if I don't I hope you all have a wonderful Xmas with family and friends.
Till next time
Happy crafting
Tee-Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colourful Seasons

The weather this weekend has been absolutely miserable and I  didn't feel guilty  for once popping into the craftroom to create. With th...