Saturday, February 21, 2015

Boxes boxes and more boxes

I have finally set up the laptop and monitor in the craftroom so that I can watch videos on a larger screen than the ipad. Worked perfectly and its much better than using the ipad as I can set photos to stay on the screen longer by turning the screensaver off.

I have been looking for a box for a while that is more feminine looking in shape and the facetted box ticked everything I was looking for. With Mothers Day fast approaching this box was perfect forputting  jewellery in.

My friend Linda came round and we set to working out how to make the boxes. The first thing I did was to make a template so that I didn't end up with UFO's (unfinished objects) ending up in the bin and it worked a treat and made it so quick to make them.

I used the leaf image from Kinda Ecclectic as it was a perfect background for the cardstock. The first  box was pistasshio pudding and blackberry bliss for the fluffy flower. Fluffy flowers as I call them are a great way of using up your scraps and can be made up in advance and stored for when a flower is needed for a project
 Next up was perfect plum and elegant eggplant 
Then crumb cake and the spiral flower

 Lastly I tried some old DSP I had

Once you get the hang of them they are super quick and easy to make



1 comment:

  1. Had a lovely day and I am in love with the box now I have 4 of them

    ReplyDelete

Colourful Seasons

The weather this weekend has been absolutely miserable and I  didn't feel guilty  for once popping into the craftroom to create. With th...