Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Baby shower gift

I had to come up with a gift for a baby shower and originally bought a nappy bag (oops they had one of those) so instead I got the thinking cap on, went shopping and bought yip newborn nappies.........108 of them!) Wow are those nappies teeny tiny.
So the idea was to make a nappy cake. The bottom 3 layers hide a bottle of wine and the top layer has a small baby bottle filled with candy (so that when the parents feel they need a little sweeting the candy is there to do the job.
Now I just have to whip it into the florist to get it wrapped and I will take it out on Saturday to the couple. Fingers crossed they like it.



Now I am off to make the baby card.............not sure what colour as I am sure you have realised that the gender of the baby is not known as yet
Till next time,
Happy crafting
Tee-Jay

1 comment:

  1. Wow Tee-Jay - what a lot of work, but so thoughtful and useful! Love the idea of hiding the bottle of wine and candy in the middle of all those nappies. Well done you! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Colourful Seasons

The weather this weekend has been absolutely miserable and I  didn't feel guilty  for once popping into the craftroom to create. With th...